We have many opportunities available for members to become more involved with SWE-KC. Please join us at one of our next events!
If you are interested in any of the following opportunities, please let us know.
- Volunteer at an outreach event.
- We host multiple STEM outreach events throughout the year. Subscribe to the SWE-KC email list to learn of these opportunities and how to sign-up.
- Allow a student to Job Shadow you
- We receive multiple requests throughout the year from high school students looking to job shadow a professional engineer.
- Be a mentor or volunteer at our Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (IGED) events.
- Join the IGED planning committee
- Join the Outreach committee
- Attend SWE Conferences
- Submit a speaker proposal for conference events
- Join the Professional Development committee to help plan WE KC, our fall professional development conference for women engineers and technologists.
- Volunteer to host a Meet & Greet (choose a location, date, & time, and we’ll do the advertising)
- Volunteer to plan a specific event
- Join the Events committee to help plan events throughout the year
- Work to recognize SWE members and SWE-KC by nominating them for Region and Society awards
- Join the Awards Committee to help with nomination packets
- Join the Membership Committee to help identify ways to welcome new members and retain our current members
- Update and manage the SWE-KC website (no programming skills needed!)
- Help update and maintain social media accounts
- Write a newsletter or blog article following an event
Volunteer with SWE-KC
Interested in hosting an event, joining a committee, or volunteering in another way? Let us know using this link.
With so many ways to get involved we can’t wait to see how you help our section grow!
Interested in serving in a bigger capacity in our section? See our executive council role descriptions using the link below.